London, (October 30, 2020) buildingSMART International is delighted to announce the full list of winners and special mentions for the Awards Program 2020. A total of 16 awards were announced at a live ceremony. Finalists presented their projects during the buildingSMART Virtual Summit on the 28th and 29th October 2020. From an original Jury of 111, a small finalist jury of between 3 and 5 members deliberated following the presentations and selected a single winner from the category. There were also special mentions and 3 awards for innovation and leadership.
The full list of winners is below.
Winner for ASSET MANAGEMENT:
- Auckland International Airport Ltd – Project title “Auckland International Airport” - NEW ZEALAND.
Winner for CONSTRUCTION:
- Byggstyrning – Project title “Project Celsius” – SWEDEN.
Category of DESIGN:
- CCCC Highway Consultants CO.,Ltd. – Project title “openBIM design of Panama Canal 4th Bridge” – CHINA.
Category of HANDOVER:
- Vestfold Hospital – Project title “The Tonsberg Project” – NORWAY.
Category of PROFESSIONAL RESEARCH:
- The University of Manchester – Project title “Discovering Safety”. UNITED KINGDOM.
Category of STUDENT RESEARCH:
- École des Ponts ParisTech – Project title “Smart BCF” – FRANCE.
Category of TECHNOLOGY:
- Lendlease – Project title “A modular tookit for developing openBIM data pipelines” – AUSTRALIA.
Winner for INNOVATION
- BEXEL Consulting – Project title “Project Management of Novo Brdo Residential Complex Project utilizing intelligent openBIM workflows” - SLOVENIA.
Winner of CLIENT LEADERSHIP
- Norwegian Public Roads Administration – Project title “Machine Readable Norwegian Classification Manual for Bridge Registrations” – NORWAY.
Winner of TECHNOLOGY LEADERSHIP
- ACCA software – “usIFC.server” – ITALY.
- Bond University – Project title “Investigating, Structuring and Launching Aust's most innovative openBIM compliant university program” – AUSTRALIA
- Future Insight– Project title “Proof of Concept BIM based permit check Estonia” – NETHERLANDS
- Studio RAP – Project title “Theater Zuidplein: Main Concert Hall” – NETHERLANDS
- University La Sapienza – Project title “Ruggero Nissim” – ITALY
- Wayss & Freytag Ingenieurbau AG – Project title “PPP A10/A24” – GERMANY
- Werner Sobek AG – Project title “DigitalTWIN” - GERMANY
For a list of winners: https://www.buildingsmart.org/bsi-awards-2020/winners/
For a list of finalists: https://www.buildingsmart.org/bsi-awards-2020/awards-2020-finalists/
For a list of special mentions: https://www.buildingsmart.org/bsi-awards-2020/special-mentions/